Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Finish the Work!

So now finish doing it as well, so that your readiness in desiring it 
may be matched by your completing it out of what you have.
2 Corinthians 8:11 ESV

I had the television on this morning as I was doing stuff around the house and heard a segment of a teaching by Beth Moore. She grabbed my attention when she said,

“If Satan cannot threaten the person, he threatens the process 
making it impossible to finish what you have been called to do…
If you have put your calling on hold, it’s time to get off pause and back on it! 
If you’ve lost interest, get it back… keep going. Press on! 
Believe God to bring it back! 
Or you’ll never finish anything.”

That stopped me because I have been called to do something that hasn’t come completely to fruition and it’s been twelve years. Many times I do get discouraged and question whether I truly heard from the Lord. Perhaps I don’t really have what it takes; someone else can do it better. I’m just not ready!

All kinds of excuses arise for not doing or completing what God has called us to do. And the enemy would love to stop the work of the Lord and what better way than to convince us we aren’t able to do the work of the Lord.
But Romans 11:29 says, 

“For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable
[He never withdraws them when once they are given, 
and He does not change His mind 
about those to whom He gives His grace 
or to whom He sends His call]" (Amplified).

God does not change His mind…
often we change ours.

If God has called you to do something, a ministry, a vocation, an act of service, whatever it is… do not doubt His call. I’ve returned to the calling He gave me twelve years ago. Together, let’s finish the work, and finish it well.

‘Lena Ehlert
©Whispers in Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment