Monday, March 18, 2013

Two Steps Forward…One Step Back = Still Progress!

I’ve had several people ask me this week how things were going. My answer was, “Well, it seems we take two steps forward, and then one step back.” As I thought about this last night, I realized that we often focus on the second part of that statement – the “one step backwards.” But really, we should be focused on the first part . . . we took two steps forward. That means we actually made progress!

"And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, 
that He who began a good work in you 
will continue until the day of Jesus Christ 
[right up to the time of His return], 
developing [that good work] and 
perfecting and bringing it to 
full completion in you."
Philippians 1:6 (AMP)

So often we want a “quick fix” to our problems, but God is walking us through each and every trial to perfect our faith, and bring us to completion in Him. Andre Crouch wrote, “If I never had a problem, I wouldn't know that God could solve them; I wouldn’t know what faith in God could do!”

Through it all . . . I’ve learned to trust in Jesus!
Even when it’s two steps forward and one step backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment