Monday, March 11, 2013

Where Do You Find Rest?

An old friend called me this morning. This past week has been especially difficult for my family and my friend had been through the same situation several years ago. She said to me, “I just don’t know how people do this without the Lord!”

There are times when we find ourselves blindsided, facing circumstances we would never imagine ourselves to be in. It is in that moment when we have a choice: to give up, to go it alone, or to turn it over to Jesus.

Giving up is a win for the enemy.
Going it alone depletes us of our strength and ends in failure.
Giving it to Jesus brings rest.

Jeremiah 6:16 says:
“This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.”

Too often I try to fix it or figure it out on my own. 
I’m a fixer and I’m just sure I can solve 
the problem or come up with a solution. 
But God said if we stop and look both ways, 
ask for directions and follow them, He will give us rest.

The end of Jeremiah 6:16 says, 
“But you said, ‘We will not walk in it!’” 
and verse 21 says, 
“Therefore, this is what the Lord says: 
‘I will put obstacles before this people.’”

Have you been blindsided by the enemy?
Are you tempted to give up?
Are you trying to fix it all by yourself?
Are you finding obstacles in your path?

Ask Him where the “good way” is and walk in it. 
There you will find rest.

Lena

Further reading:
Deuteronomy 33:12
Isaiah 30:15


No comments:

Post a Comment