Thursday, July 11, 2013

Do I Trust You, Lord??

Do I trust You, Lord? Does the robin sing?
Do I trust You, Lord? Does it rain in spring?
You can see my heart, You can read my mind,
And You got to know That I would rather die
Than to lose my faith In the One I love.
Do I trust You, Lord?
Do I trust You?1

Does anyone remember this old Twila Paris song? This past week, actually over the past several months, the Lord has been working on me in one particular area of my life; an area that I have not fully trusted Him with. But this past week, it came to a point where I had to confront it head on. And it all came down to that question: 

Do I trust you, Lord?

Trust doesn’t come easy for me; too many times I’ve trusted and been betrayed. Too many times I’ve trusted and been disappointed. Too many times I’ve trusted the wrong person. And while I know that God is not man, I find that I often transfer that mistrust onto Him. To obey Him would mean to sacrifice myself. But as I was reminded by a dear friend this week, “To obey is greater than sacrifice” (1 Samuel 15:22).

Do I trust You, Lord?

I found myself backed into a corner; I really had no choice. I either trusted Him, or I fell flat on my face. So I did it…I took that step of faith and obeyed Him even when it didn't make any sense to me to do so. Not out of manipulation or testing Him to see if He would come through, but out of simple obedience. And you know what? He met me in miraculous ways!

What is He asking you to trust Him with? A health issue, a financial issue, an employment situation? Has He asked you to step out in faith and do the impossible? It doesn't always make sense to us. We can’t always see what He is doing at the time. But…

“Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord
with all your heart and mind
and do not rely on your own insight 
or understanding”
(Proverbs 3:5 Amplified)

Last night I awoke with the rest of this song on my heart:

I will trust You, Lord, when I don't know why.

I will trust You, Lord, till the day I die.
I will trust You, Lord, when I'm blind with pain!
You were God before, and You'll never change.
I will trust You...I will trust You.


I will trust You, Lord.1
1©Twila Paris


‘Lena Ehlert
©Whispers in Worship



No comments:

Post a Comment