Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wrap Me in Your Arms....

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him,
 for He shields him all day long, 
and the one the Lord loves 
rests between His shoulders."
Deuteronomy 33:12



I was chatting with a friend from High School on Facebook last night; we are both going through some trying situations right now so we were sharing with one another…bearing one another’s burdens, as it were. She is in the middle of writing a proposal for her PhD and I was supposed to be writing this devotional. With all that has been going on, my mind is just crowded and cluttered with thoughts and concerns. I told her I was really struggling with what to write, and what I needed to do was quiet my mind and ask God what He wanted me to write. He always gives me something that usually amazes me. She said to me, “He does the same for me, when I remember to be quiet. Unfortunately, I usually wait until the last minute and am desperate before I shut up.” Without stopping to think before I answered her I said, “Desperation usually makes us shut up!”

As I thought about it later I wondered why that is? Why do we have to wait until we are in a desperate place to finally quiet ourselves and sit at His feet?

Well, I didn't take my own advice and my thoughts kept me awake all night long. It was well after 4am before I finally went to sleep. But I woke up today with a song we sang in church on  Sunday running through my heart…

Wrap me in Your arms…
Wrap me in Your arms...

I realized this afternoon that I hadn't yet gone to that “place where I’m changed”…the arms of the Father. That quiet comforting place where I can rest in His security and love. That place where my mind can be quieted, my heart placed at ease, my desperation can be replaced with security.

If, like me, you have found yourself trying to do it all yourself, carrying burdens that should be laid down; if your mind is cluttered with worries and fears, together let us once again surrender it all to Him. Picture yourself sitting in the lap of the Father and saying,

 “There is a God who loves me, 
Who wraps me in His arms…..

‘Lena 

No comments:

Post a Comment