Monday, April 29, 2013

All I Am is Yours! Except….

Sunday morning at church, our youth, the U-Gen Ensemble, led us in a powerful time of worship. As we were singing, the Lord spoke to me; He often uses music to speak to me. We stood together lifting our voices singing:

“I’ll stand with arms high and heart abandoned; 
in awe of the One who gave it all. 
I’ll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered. 
All I am is Yours.”


In the midst of singing this song, I heard the word “except”. Whoa…….

All I am is Yours….
except.....
  • “Except” that little closet over there in the corner of my heart.
  • “Except” that little habit I haven’t quite given over to You yet.
  • “Except” the unforgiveness for that person I just can’t let go.
  • “Except”….
Jesus said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” (Mark 12:30). And we try with all that is within us to do so. But if we are honest, there is a secret place, a hidden place that we just don’t want any light to shine on; a door we don’t want anyone to open. I’m sure all of us have a “junk drawer” in our house…a place we put all the stuff we don’t want to deal with at the moment. The old adage “out of sight, out of mind” doesn’t apply to our hearts. God said, “My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is their sin concealed from My eyes” (Jeremiah 16:17).

I was reminded again Sunday morning, that when I sing “All I am is Yours”, I have to give Him all! Even the hard things, the hidden things, the hurts, the habits….

What is your “except”? Ask the Holy Spirit to shine His light on the dark recesses of your heart; to open the locked door to your closet; to help you to clean out that “junk drawer”. Then we will be able to sing:

All I am is Yours!”….. period!
‘Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment