Tuesday, May 7, 2013

All of Creation Sings...


I had the privilege this past weekend to go on a mini-retreat with four other beautiful ladies. We drove over to Cashmere and stayed in a beautiful lodge-type house in the hills, far enough away from the highway that we could no longer hear the sounds of traffic going by,  surrounded by rolling hills blanketed in wildflowers of yellow, blue and white; down the road were horses, goats, ducks, wild turkeys and roosters (which crowed in the afternoon instead of at dawn). 


Friday night after the sun went down over the mountains, I stepped outside and looked up into a sky filled with countless stars and planets. My mind went to a scripture verse I learned as a small child:

“The heavens declare the glory of God 
and the firmament sheweth His handiwork.”
Psalm 19:1 (KJV)

Sunday morning, I sat out on the deck with my Bible and listened to the sounds of countless birds chirping in the morning sun along with a chorus of all of the other animals.  I felt as if I was worshiping as Adam and Eve may have worshiped in the Garden of Eden. And, naturally, I was reminded of a song:



All of creation, 
sing with me now
Lift up your voice and 
lay your burden down.
All of creation, 
sing with me now
Fill up the heavens 
let His glory resound.
(Mercy Me)

It was as if all of creation were worshiping our Creator, declaring His glory and filling the heavens with praise. How could I not join in?

Monday morning found us back in the city to our busy lives caring for our families and, for some of us, heading back to the office.  It’s so easy to get caught up in all of the fuss and bother of the necessary things of life and forget to take those moments to worship. Today, in that moment of craziness, that moment of frustration, that moment of indecision…whatever you are facing, stop, take a deep breath and begin to worship. Even if it’s just sixty seconds or just enough time to say the Name “Jesus” you will find that it is a moment well spent.

Fill up the heavens . . . Let His glory resound!

‘Lena

©Whispers in Worship


No comments:

Post a Comment