Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Word of the Lord is Eternal….

It was May 4, 2004 and I was sitting in Tuesday night prayer meeting. My world had crumbled that day and I didn't think things could possibly be any worse. One of our pastors came up beside me, began praying in the Spirit and then leaned down and whispered in my ear:

“I love you more than you know. 
I have not forsaken you. 
You will come through victorious. 
It will be glorious!”

I wrote that down in my Bible and dated it.  A year later, almost to the day, I believed the promise had been fulfilled.

This morning I was reminded of that Word I received in 2004. I realized that very same word applies right now. It is a promise from God that He still loves me; He still has not forsaken me. He will still be victorious and it will indeed be glorious!

The author of Hebrews said, “The Word of God is alive and active…” (Hebrews 4:12). Because His word is alive, it is constantly working. It is powerful and will never fail you.

Whatever promises you have received from His word, do not ever think they were for yesterday, or that your “moment” has passed. It is alive and active still today. That same writer of Hebrews also said, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8).

Even now…nine years later, I will continue to stand on this promise!

Because His Word is Alive!
 ‘Lena

The Word is Alive; and it cuts like the sword through the darkness with a message of hope to the hopeless and the frail, breathing life into all who believe. The Word is alive; and the world and it’s glories will fade. But it’s Truth, it will not pass away. It remains yesterday and forever the same. The Word is alive.” (Casting Crowns).



©Whispers in Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment