Thursday, August 29, 2013

Enough Already!


Have you ever just really wanted to rant and rail at God? Ever felt forgotten or ignored? You've waited and waited and waited and still, nothing seems to be changing; the answer still hasn'T come.

David found himself in that very situation. Psalm 13 begins with:
“How long, O Lord, will you forget me forever? 
How long will You hide Your face from me?”

That’s the NIV translation; very polite and respectful. But the Message paraphrase says,
“Long enough, God! 
You've ignored me long enough! 
I've looked at the back of Your head long enough!”

WOW! That’s pretty strong language. The frustrations, cares and anxieties of life had just about pushed David over the edge. He was tired of waiting! But, he ends Psalm 13 with a strong statement of faith:

“But I trust in Your unfailing love; 
my heart rejoices in Your salvation. 
I will sing the Lord’s praise, 
for He has been good to me.”

You see, David had a history with God. He had called upon God time and time again in his life, and he had seen God’s salvation time and time again.

We, too have a history with God. When we are at the place of saying, “Enough already!” we can look behind and see where He has brought us, how He has delivered us, healed us and blessed us, we too can say, “But I trust in Your unfailing love…for He has been good to me!”

‘Lena Ehlert
©Whispers in Worship

1 comment: